Fairly OddParents pics by TS

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Dagdamor

Re: Fairly OddParents pics by TS

Post by Dagdamor » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:01 am

*imagines Tommy slowly floating above Trixie with a pencil and a paper in his hands*

My only nitpick to the second picture is Trixie's feet. They look... maybe a bit too big? Aside from that, both sketches are very very good. I agree with Andreas, she doesn't look terrible at all. At least, not for FOP measures. :D Nice work.
cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:07 am

I love the disheveled hair and the just-opened eyes.  :)  As usual, another great picture.
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:29 am

Boom! And there goes my bombshell. Jesus friggin christ. I dont understand you peoples... sorry, I dont. Its.... rrrgg! Am I the only asshole who thinks the pic is out of order? No disrespect tommy. Look... just ignore me.
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:12 am

Casper wrote: Boom! And there goes my bombshell. Jesus friggin christ. I dont understand you peoples... sorry, I dont. Its.... rrrgg! Am I the only asshole who thinks the pic is out of order? No disrespect tommy. Look... just ignore me.
Casper, it is a bit risqué, yes, but my previous "rant" was in response to a nipple slip which was since corrected.  The site-master and moderators keep an eye on what's appropriate for the site, and I feel that they do a decent job, at least for those kinds of issues.  However, that doesn't mean that your feelings on this particular picture are "wrong" in any way.

Even though I sometimes give Tommy a hard time for his submissions, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate his talent and skill.  I wish I could explain it better, but basically we can let the moderators worry about how appropriate any submission is for the site. ;)

For what it's worth, I don't think you're out of order to express your concerns (it's not like I haven't).  :)
Last edited by cuteswan on Tue May 16, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:13 am

I have to admit, it is skirting the edge of acceptable.

Have thought about this, I think I should explain my position. It's the difference between objective and subjective content. Objectively there's nothing wrong with it; nothing important is showing, she's jsut a girl in bed, and there are no doubt countless pictures - real and imaginary - just like this all over the world. But, subjectively, there's a look in her face that can trigger some people in to seeing more than might actually be there. The subjective content of a picture can be amazingly powerful and, unfortunately, it's also a very individual assessment which means that, for any two people, one would see a picture as completely inappropriate and another would think it's entirely innocent. Which is entirely up to them, of course... :)

So there. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Commisar Geranovich wrote: But, subjectively, there's a look in her face that can trigger some people in to seeing more than might actually be there. The subjective content of a picture can be amazingly powerful.
Yeah, that's what I meant with my comment about clothing - it's up to your imagination how to interpret the pic. Heh, even in a show like The Simpsons there is more nudity than in this pic!  ;)  You're right about the look in her face; I read the "suggested caption" first, so I never thought of any suggestive, but without that one could get the impression indeed.
Andreas

tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:56 am

I can see what you guys mean - and I don't mind at all being "corrected" whenever I post something risqué.
Problem is, when I look back at some of my stuff, I realize there's a certain degree of erotism in them that could raise some eyebrows... but at the moment I'm drawing those and shortly after I'm much too absorbed in the subject to notice. It may also have something to do with the main reason why I make these things: whenever I draw a toon girl, I completely fall in love with her, and this results in a desire to make her look as pretty as possible and thus enhancing my "love affair" with her even more...
So, sorry if my latest Trixie pic caused some irritation - to make up for it, I made a quick and 100% innocent Lisa, as a "crowd-pleaser"  ;D (@netcomix)
Last edited by tommy on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:54 pm

New: Trixie and Veronica in a cute scene  ;D

EDIT: Cuteswan was right about some details: I improved some parts of the eyes and veronica's mouth.
Attachments
ts298s.jpg
Last edited by tommy on Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:22 pm

what can i say? cute :) It's got your patented excellence on the jeans. maybe the faces could do with a little more definate highlights/shadows (they seem ever so slightly flat compared to the great stuff you've done with the clothes) but otherwise pretty nifty, even for a non-fan of the series such as myself :)
Last edited by D.B. on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:02 am

Although I'm still a huge :lisa: fan, it's hard not to fall in love with those two cuties.  :)  Your work on Trixie's jeans is exeptional, and you managed to get the proportions and poses extremely well (although they don't reflect the ones from the actual show, but more the "Simpsons proportions"). I agree with D.B. about her faces; Trixie is almost perfect, but Veronica's eyeballs may need a little work (nothing serious, though). Oh, and I also like your handwriting, it's thousand times better than mine.  ;)
Andreas

cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:48 pm

I have to agree that the clothes and bodies are fantastic but the faces need some work.  Veronica's seems to have the mouth too far to our right, and the sizes of the farther-away eyes on each seem a bit too small, IMO (which is weird because Trixie's is even farther away but somehow looks correct for the style).  Veronica's ponytail needs to be attached to the clip, IMO, to look right.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it's "bad" by any stretch.  The shading is absolutely fantastic, and the painstaking detail is to be envied. :)
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:48 pm

New: Trixie Tang as seen in the school play from "Chip off the old Chip" - trading her pair of blue jeans for green...
One of my better color jobs I think, it took ages to complete...
Attachments
ts290.jpg
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:18 am

Hey Tommy,

You should look at Recolored; it can help you colorize your photos.

http://www.recolored.com/

BTW, I LOVE your work with the FOP characters!
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Hm... looks like an interesting program. Apparently it automatizes some tasks you have to do manually in PS.
I'm not sure it's the right thing to color raw sketches, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link!

A new one... lovely, sweet, sexy and (man)crazy Veronica - this time in full color.
Attachments
ts289.jpg
Last edited by tommy on Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:30 am

Man, you make me want to see those series after all. :D
Amazing pictures - and amazing shading, both pencil and colored one. From the last bunch of your FOP pictures, my favorite is Veronica one. She looks extremely live and excited. :)