Peter, meet Gwen.

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Peter, meet Gwen.

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:14 pm

Gwen Stacy is in Spider-Man 3.

Hoo boy, this is going to be interesting...
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: Peter, meet Gwen.

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Well, I suppose that just about settles the fact that the third movie will have Green Goblin II in it.  Hello Goblin and Gwen-themed story...

Which begs the question:  Does this mean that Harry will bite it too?

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm gonnna risk a n00b question here: Who's Gwen?

Sorry, I'm just not that familiar with the Spider-Man Universe.  I've always just thought Mary Jane was the love interest.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Gwen Stacy was one of the earliest Spideyverse characters, even pre-dating Mary Jane, I think.  She was one of the loves of Peter Parker's life, and a good friend.

What is perhaps the most famous Spider-Man story ever, or at least *one* of the most famous stories ever, is where the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen Stacy and takes her to a bridge, where Spider-Man fights him.  But in the process the Goblin throws the unconscious Gwen off the bridge, and Spidey tries to save her...but she dies.  The death of Gwen Stacy was a real shocker when the comic first came out.

Afterwards the battle raged on, and the Green Goblin died when he accidentally impaled himself on his glider.  This'll sound familiar to those of you who've seen the first 'Spider-Man' movie, because a lot of elements of the ending with MJ on the bridge and GG's death are taken directly from that comic storyline, for some reason.  So it'll be interesting to see what they do instead with the third film...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Ah!  Thanks for clearing that up!

I kinda feel dumb.  A couple weeks ago in Tulsa, Mikey kinda had to give me the Complete History of The Green Lantern (Abridged) on the way to the gig he was playing, 'cause I didn't understand something he mentioned about GL.  I should read more comic books.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Gwen Stacy was one of the earliest Spideyverse characters, even pre-dating Mary Jane, I think.  She was one of the loves of Peter Parker's life, and a good friend.

What is perhaps the most famous Spider-Man story ever, or at least *one* of the most famous stories ever, is where the Green Goblin kidnaps Gwen Stacy and takes her to a bridge, where Spider-Man fights him.  But in the process the Goblin throws the unconscious Gwen off the bridge, and Spidey tries to save her...but she dies.  The death of Gwen Stacy was a real shocker when the comic first came out.

Afterwards the battle raged on, and the Green Goblin died when he accidentally impaled himself on his glider.  This'll sound familiar to those of you who've seen the first 'Spider-Man' movie, because a lot of elements of the ending with MJ on the bridge and GG's death are taken directly from that comic storyline, for some reason.  So it'll be interesting to see what they do instead with the third film...
At least we know for a fact that Raimi will stay far, far, FAR away from recent...unpleasantnesses...

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:56 am

Stretch Dude wrote:At least we know for a fact that Raimi will stay far, far, FAR away from recent...unpleasantnesses...
[blank look]  I actually haven't read any comics at all lately, did something happen?

--MST3K interview

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:42 am

Molloy the Catburglar wrote:
Stretch Dude wrote:At least we know for a fact that Raimi will stay far, far, FAR away from recent...unpleasantnesses...
[blank look]  I actually haven't read any comics at all lately, did something happen?
If you have any love for Gwen's memory, then you really, REALLY don't want to know.

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:39 am

Uh-oh.  Did she get reanimated as a zombie or something?  Everybody knows that while everybody from Wonder Man to Doc Ock can come back to life, Uncle Ben, Bucky and Gwen Stacy stay dead!

--MST3K interview

Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:03 am

Never heard of Gwen right up till now
I do like Spiderman but just never read the comics.  However I do  have a VERY old Spiderman video somewhere....
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Vulgaris_Prime
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Vulgaris_Prime » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:49 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Uh-oh.  Did she get reanimated as a zombie or something?  Everybody knows that while everybody from Wonder Man to Doc Ock can come back to life, Uncle Ben, Bucky and Gwen Stacy stay dead!
... didn't Bucky come back?  Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else...
Back from the dead!
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Uh-oh.  Did she get reanimated as a zombie or something?  Everybody knows that while everybody from Wonder Man to Doc Ock can come back to life, Uncle Ben, Bucky and Gwen Stacy stay dead!
No, it's worse...much worse. It seems that before she died, Gwen...and Norman...they...I can't even say it. And a short time later, she took a trip to Europe and secretly gave birth to twins who, because the Goblin formula in their blood, age at an accelerated rate. They recently showed up to hound Peter, thinking he was their father. Sometime after the truth was revealed, one of them died and the other went nuts.

And yes, it seems they've brought Bucky back as well.

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:32 pm

o_O

--MST3K interview

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:50 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: o_O
I warned you...

I draw too, dammit!