Lee Simpson

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
jenny
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Lee Simpson

Post by jenny » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:03 pm

New comedy fic. It's only the first few pages but I want to know if I'm on the right track. Ta!
Attachments
leesimp.rtf
(23.15 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG!!
Dagdamor

Re: Lee Simpson

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:47 am

I think you're on the right track. It's very funny so far, I look forward to read more.
Heh heh, for some reason I was glad to see a normal reaction from Lisa about that channel. :) And
HOMER: You know Carl, if this isn?t your sort of thing, maybe Lisa will let you go and have a tea party with her dolls.
My oh my, I'd trade all those sorts of things for a tea with Lisa... you can claim me crazy now. ;)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:14 pm

So far, very funny indeed! I've already told you I liked the first scene. The Man-TV channel and Homer's (and his friends') reaction to it provides good satire, the kind OFF used to be justly famous for. Actually, a lot of this is show quality. Too many hilarious lines to point out (though Homer's "unique assets" one is a winner, as well as Barney's "annoying and invasive adverts"). I also love the names of the T-shirt girls. Lisa is in character, as Sergey points out: intelligent and feminist, but not in an over-the-top way. Great final line. Very clear and legible format, as well.

Not many problems. Over-saturated should have a hyphen. Also, this is a very minor nitpick, but Homer has a few too many intellectual/emotional lines. It's a great comic effect, but it can be overused. I don't want you to cut anything, just make sure to balance it out with some stupid and insensitive ones.

I'll be looking forward to more!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:23 am

I giot a great number of chuckles out of this, Jenny!  My favorite line was probably Marge's saying that she didn't want to have to look up Lisa's insults towward her brother, and then Bart calling downstairs using one of those Lisa-like insults.

The plot is very thoughtful - I see you're annoyed by Spike TV too - or what G4 is (about) to become *clings to X-Play*.  Looking forward to the next part!
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm definitely enjoying this so far! It's very funny throughout, with some genuine *LOL* moments, such as Lisa insulting Bart, or Homer's reply to Lisa's question whether he would Maggie and her to be like those women. I also enjoyed the "soccer" conversation (including, of course, Homer's final line). And I agree that Lisa's reaction was well written: She made her point, but not in an overly annoying or PC-ish way.

Yes, I'd say you're definitely on the right track. I'm looking forward to more. :)
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.