First week in the campus

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

First week in the campus

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:06 pm

Classes began on Monday. Yes, pretty exciting. I already tasted a bit of what the University life is like: filled-up buses, long queues to lunch on the University Restaurant, endless walks up and down the stairways to the institute, etc.

Things weren't really that unusual, really. I got lost looking for one of the classrooms on first day, almost slept during some of the most boring initial classes, and so on. Honestly, I thought the course would be more advanced than it's being at the moment: I'm learning binary numbers and Pascal. But I won't complain: it's only more chances to gain shiny A grades. I hope. The calculus class seems to be the most interesting, and tough, so far.

Oh, yes, on the first day, there was no electricity on the whole campus, so the Restaurant was closed. No lunch. On Tuesday, I thought the queue was too big (little did I know that it was TOO SMALL), and decided to go back to the other campus, where I work in, and have lunch there. Turns out the restaurant was closed - for ever. The "new" one they had been building for over an year would be open the next day. Espensive lunch. On Wednesday, biggest queue ever. Never had to wait so long to eat before. On Thursday, smartly, went to see the "new" restaurant. The queue wasn't even half as long as the "biggest queue ever", but the delay was the same. Very slow moving. Today, it was alright. Not the best lunch ever, though. In the next weeks, I hope I'll have more interesting things to say about the classes than the lunches...

And the most interesting things: no pranks. That's every bit as nice as it is worrying...
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: First week in the campus

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:37 pm

Welcome to University life, Fernie!  Good luck with everything. :)

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:57 pm

So far everything sounds good. But still, those pranks can come from anywhere. Don't mind the paranoia, it always keeps you on your feet.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:42 am

Yeah, sounds great, Fernie! I hope you're still enjoying it.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:07 pm

How awesome for you!  Congrats!
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm

Good luck for your classes.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.