The wait is over!

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

The wait is over!

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:49 am

I got Kingdom Hearts 2 today! Oh, it is a thing of beauty and awesome, it is.

Oh, bliss...
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: The wait is over!

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:07 am

Heh, one of my housemates got that game a few days ago.  He's been playing it almost non-stop.  Matter of fact, he's playing it now!  I can hear the NMBC/Halloween Town music playing downstairs.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:56 am

...Halloween Town's back?

I definitely want this game now!  (not that I didn't want it before, but you know)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Heh, one of my housemates got that game a few days ago.  He's been playing it almost non-stop.  Matter of fact, he's playing it now!  I can hear the NMBC/Halloween Town music playing downstairs.
I can't wait 'til I get that far. (My little sister convinced me into letting her play it today.) But I've already seen a few things to make me giggle with fanboyish glee (Wantz running a shop in Twilight Town, for instance), so I can't complain. Nor should I! ;D

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:39 am

*after reaching, in one day, PotC, Tron, and a MAJOR plot point*

BEST...GAME...EVER...

I draw too, dammit!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:29 pm

Don't dare say a word.

*waits a month or two*

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:19 pm

gkscotty wrote: Don't dare say a word.

*waits a month or two*
I shan't. I had to endure people talking about and the temptation to highlight spoilers for months. I can relate.

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:23 am

gkscotty wrote: Don't dare say a word.

*waits a month or two*
Can I just say a couple of things? They're only comments on two technical things that I think are improved greatly from the first game, and have NOTHING to do with ANY of the story. I just need to say it, and I'll put it in spoilers anyway:
Spoiler

I draw too, dammit!
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:44 pm

Lucky gits. Shed a tear for the Europeans who have a long wait to get this game. Then go back to having a blast with the game. I can't wait to get into Tron when this comes out.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:27 am

*watches secret ending over and over, slack-jawed and drooling*

I draw too, dammit!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:25 pm

Look, right now I have...

City of Heroes,
Guild Wars Factions,
Oblivion,
Guitar Hero and
Dragon Quest 8

to play. The last thing I need is another game right now :) So I can wait for KH2.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett