Dear Kids' WB Programming: DIE.

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Dear Kids' WB Programming: DIE.

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun May 07, 2006 1:18 am

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=10281
Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!, 10:00-10:30 am: Ruh-roh! Everybody's favorite quivering sleuths -- Shaggy and his lovable Great Dane, Scooby-Doo -- are back in a new adventure that will anchor the "Too Big For Your TV" programming block. In this comedy from Warner Bros. Animation, Shaggy and Scooby live in the bling'd-out mansion of Shaggy's Uncle Albert, solving mysteries with the help of a transforming Mystery Machine which, at the click of a remote, can morph into one of a number of modes of transportation. New Scooby Snacks infused with a top-secret nano-technology allows our canine hero to fly, become a towering robot or even turn himself into a giant magnet, which comes in handy as Shaggy and Scooby-Doo carry out their new mission: protecting the Scooby Snacks and keeping them safe from those who want them for evil. Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get A Clue! is executive produced by Sander Schwartz and Joseph Barbera, co-founder of Hanna-Barbera, and produced by Eric Radomski.
Ow ow ow. I can actually feel my brain dying...

EDIT: ...aaand it's dead now.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 07, 2006 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Re: Dear Kids' WB Programming: DIE.

Post by Meteorite » Sun May 07, 2006 5:52 am

What the hell?  Seriously, this is the stuff they're coming up with?  And all this talk about transformations that will come in 'handy' would sound more apt for a video game.  A very bad one, but a game nevertheless.
And let me try to understand the 'plot' here.  These 'new and improved' Nano-Scooby Snacks help Scooby and Shaggy stop bad guys from stealing the Nano-Scooby Snacks.  Here's an idea, STOP MAKING THE NANO-SCOOBY SNACKS.

And I see Loonatics is coming as well... Argh.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Sun May 07, 2006 6:46 am

...This is a horrible joke.  This has to be some horrible joke.

*remembers Loonatics*

*retreats to a corner to curl up and weep*
New Scooby Snacks infused with a top-secret nano-technology allows our canine hero to fly, become a towering robot or even turn himself into a giant magnet
WTF?  How can a large, talking dog suddenly become a giant magnet?
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Sun May 07, 2006 7:49 am

if you have to ask the question, you probably don't want to hear the answer.
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun May 07, 2006 9:19 am

My first thought was: this is an April's Fools joke that wasn't removed, right? It still is.

I'm not a Scooby fan, but this show will be dated almost before it airs.

Oh yay, Loonatics.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun May 07, 2006 9:19 am

...Somebody take a flame thrower to a few board rooms already!

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:01 am

I cannot believe this! What the hell have they done to it!?!?
I used to love the old scooby cartoons, this is just killing it. Oh and top secret nano-techonology snacks???...WTF indeed,
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sun May 07, 2006 11:57 am

Well, at least there's no Scrappy...
* gkscotty doesn't feel any better

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
fellranger

Post by fellranger » Sun May 07, 2006 7:22 pm

I really don't know why they bother with this sort of "updating".  I remember watching all sorts of old stuff when I was a kid (including Scooby Doo), in fact a fair chunk of kids TV in the UK during the 80's was re-runs from the 70's or earlier.  I seem to recall that I knew it was dated but did it matter?  Nope - and I suspect as long as a show is funny or entertaining most kids will just enjoy it for what it is, whether it happens to be "relevant" or not.  As usual it'll be some smart marketing type with a liking for "re-packaging" (excuse all the quotation marks but it's that sort of rant...).  The video game angle that Alex mentioned is an interesting one and I smell a cynical tie in.
I think this is known as progress, folks.   
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon May 08, 2006 10:43 am

This, combined with news that there's a remake of The Prisoner in the works, makes me want to cry.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Mon May 08, 2006 4:04 pm

I think they sould bring back the original Scooby Doo. You know, the one where the dog doesn't really talk, but everyone thinks that he does becase they are stoned out of their minds. (that's one reason that they saw ghosts).
that's the best version.  ;D
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
Jase_to_the_Izzo
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Jase_to_the_Izzo » Sat May 27, 2006 4:36 am

Scooby Doo's effectiveness died with Richard Nixon.
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat May 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Scobby Doo
1969-2006
I sorry to hear that, but I could wait for the new channel, the CW :).
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun May 28, 2006 7:38 pm

"Bling'd-out mansion."

I need more painkillers before I can deal with this. Ow, my brain.
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH