The Simpsons Season 8 DVD

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

The Simpsons Season 8 DVD

Post by Gazmanafc » Thu May 11, 2006 11:10 pm

Set your faces to stunned!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5640

I can announce that from the sourse above that the release date is August 15th 2006.

Commentaries include:

Treehouse of Horror VII Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, David X.Cohen, Dan Greaney, Ken Keeler, Dan Castellaneta, Mike B. Anderson.
You Only Move Twice Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, Dan Castellaneta, Mike B. Anderson
The Homer They Fall: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith, Mark Kirkland, David X. Cohen, George Meyer
Burns Baby Burns: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, George Meyer, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Mark Kirkland, David X. Cohen
Bart After Dark: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Richard Appel, Dominic Polcino, David Silverman, Ken Keeler
A Milhouse Divided: Matt Groening, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Steve Tompkins, Steven Dean Moore
Lisa's Date With Density: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Mike Scully, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Susie Dietter, and special guest star Alex Rocco
Hurricane Neddy: Josh Weinstein, George Meyer, Steve Young, Bob Anderson
El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein along with Molly and Simon Weinstein, George Meyer, Jim Reardon
The Springfield Files: Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Reid Harrison, Steven Dean Moore, David Silverman
The Twisted World of Marge Simpson with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Chuck Sheetz
Mountain of Madness: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Dan Castellaneta, Jim Denton "Contest Winner"(Portrayed By Dave Thomas), Mark Kirkland, David Silverman
Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Chuck Sheetz, David Silverman
The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, David X. Cohen, Yeardley Smith, Steven Dean Moore, and special guest star Alex Rocco
Homer's Phobia Matt Groening, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Ron Hauge, Steve Tompkins, Mike B. Anderson, and special guest star John Waters
The Brother From Another Series with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, Pete Michels, and special guest star Kelsey Grammer
My Sister, My Sitter: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein along with Molly and Simon Weinstein, Yeardley Smith, Jim Reardon, George Meyer
Homer Vs. The Eighteenth Amendment : Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Dan Castellaneta, Dave Thomas, Bob Anderson, David Silverman
Grade School Confidential : Matt Groening, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Rachel Pulido, Susie Dietter
The Canine Mutiny with Commentaries by: Josh Weinstein, Ron Hauge, Dominic Polcino, George Meyer
The Old Man and The Lisa : Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, George Meyer, David X. Cohen, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith, Mark Kirkland
In Marge We Trust Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Donick Cary, Yeardley Smith, Steven Dean Moore, David X. Cohen, Alex Rocco
Homer's Enemy with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Hank Azaria, Jim Reardon
The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, David X. Cohen, Dan Greaney , Ken Keeler, Yeardley Smith
The Secret War of Lisa Simpson : Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson

Special Features:

Deleted Scenes
The Simpsons House Featurette with James L. Brooks
Animation Showcase: Treehouse of Horror VII - Act III
Illustrated Commentary: Treehouse of Horror - Act III
Illustrated Commentary: Lisa's Date With Density
Illustrated Commentary: Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment
Animation Showcase: In Marge We Trust - Act III
Animation Showcase: The Secret War of Lisa Simpson - Act I
llustrated Commentary: Secret War of Lisa Simpson
Deleted Scenes Gallery with optional commentary by Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Josh Weinstein & Steven Dean Moore
Promotional Spots Featuring Matt Groening
Sketch Gallery
Special Language Feature: 4 Extra Languages on Homer's Enemy

THE BOX THE BOX!
We were all expecting Lisa, and this is where you set your faces to stunned. We get Maggie.

Here's the head box. The alternate is yet to be announced.

Owning the only Maggie Simpson website, I'm excited, what with the grabpics and special images and the box!
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: The Simpsons Season 8 DVD

Post by Andreas » Thu May 11, 2006 11:25 pm

AwwLilMaggie wrote:Owning the only Maggie Simpson website
You mean the only English Maggie site - I've created a (admittedly small) German Maggie site together with Pascal Frey: http://www.lisasimpson-net.de/maggie/ :maggie:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next season box, although it won't be released before Christmas in Germany (the season 7 box is out just for a few days now), and I will buy the regular box instead of that head (although Maggie looks much better than Homer - god, I hate that box, and no other is available here  >:( ).
Andreas

Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Thu May 11, 2006 11:27 pm

AwwLilMaggie wrote: The Brother From Another Series with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, Pete Michels, and special guest star Kelsey Grammer
Yes! I've been waiting for a Kelsey commentary for so long!  ;D

Nice to see they've also got Alex Rocco, Dave Thomas and John Waters to come in as well for commentaries.  :)
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 pm

Andreas wrote:
AwwLilMaggie wrote:Owning the only Maggie Simpson website
You mean the only English Maggie site - I've created a (admittedly small) German Maggie site together with Pascal Frey: http://www.lisasimpson-net.de/maggie/ :maggie:
I knew "And Maggie Makes Three" was used somewhere! I'll be sure to provide a link exchange to it on my English counterpart. ;)
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Fri May 12, 2006 12:33 am

August 15?  Why does that sound so late?
AwwLilMaggie wrote: The Brother From Another Series with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, Pete Michels, and special guest star Kelsey Grammer

WOOO!  ;D

...I just realized I haven't listened to any Simpsons commentary since season 2.  I'm so behind.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Gorak
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Gorak » Fri May 12, 2006 12:59 am

Finally Grammar does a commentary. I can't wait, I'll most likely get a box, but the head is tempting!
Tony_Baritone

Post by Tony_Baritone » Fri May 12, 2006 3:36 am

This is going to seem like a silly question, but does anyone know when the commentary tracks for the DVD sessions are recorded?  I remember that the commentary for "A Star is Burns" was no earlier than April 2005 and another (it escapes me right now) places itself in February, but is that as exact as is possible to narrow it down to?
Berkut
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Berkut » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 am

Finally. Been waiting for the good news for this box set for a while now. And I have to admit I'm also a bit excited about Kelsey Grammer doing a commentary; sounds excellent.
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Fri May 12, 2006 4:49 am

Shirt-Guy Tone wrote: This is going to seem like a silly question, but does anyone know when the commentary tracks for the DVD sessions are recorded?  I remember that the commentary for "A Star is Burns" was no earlier than April 2005 and another (it escapes me right now) places itself in February, but is that as exact as is possible to narrow it down to?
Well, considering Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein were at NoHomers answering questions and getting feedback from fans as to what they'd like to hear on the commentaries for Season 8 at the end of last year/start of this year, the commentaries were probably started February or so and finished just last month I'd guess. Usually as soon as the commentaries are all done, they'll release the full list of them.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:40 pm

Sorry to ask, if this has been said allready I've missed it but when is it going to be released in the uk??....
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 pm

August?  Phooey, I was hoping to see/get it a lot sooner than that!  Oh, well.  Can't complain too much, really.  Looking forward to it!  A few of my favorite episodes, and Kelsey Grammar on commentary for one to boot?  Heck yes.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Sat May 13, 2006 12:20 am

Black_raven wrote: Sorry to ask, if this has been said allready I've missed it but when is it going to be released in the uk??....
Its not been announced yet. But I would imagine sometime around Christmas.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Sat May 13, 2006 1:22 am

Well, this is the only head box I'd buy and Season 9 is the last DVD set I'm buying.
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:07 am

YES, OH GOD YES!!!! My favorite season is coming to DVD. Even better, more guest stars is coming commentaries, including John Waters, Alex Rocco, Kelsey Grammer, and
Tails wrote:Josh Weinstein along with Molly and Simon Weinstein
who are they, brother & sister or his parnets?
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:46 am

Its not been announced yet. But I would imagine sometime around Christmas.
Thanks but dang, Christmas is months after August :-/ Ah well, it can go on my Christmas wishlist this year :D
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you