Comedy/Drama: "Lisa's Diary"

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Comedy/Drama: "Lisa's Diary"

Post by Lady_Simpson » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:56 pm

July 31, 2006

I played for another two hours this morning, it was great.  It made me feel so alive, yet so peaceful, at the same time.  I was going to head off to the hospital to play for dad again, when I noticed that my reed was getting worn out. 
"I'm sorry hun, I just don't have the money for a new one right now  ...maybe next week, okay?" was Mom's reply when I asked her.  I was a bit disappointed, but it was understandable.  Dad's song could wait.
But then Lennie piped in - he was over at the apartment, he's always over at the apartment - that he could get me a new reed.  No, it wasn't a problem at all, children should be encouraged to have constructive hobbies.
I slammed the door to my aunts' study.  I wanted the new reed, I wanted to practice more, and I especially wanted to play for Dad.  But accepting money from him...
Bart came home a few hours later, and I told him about it.  "I can give you $20, Lis" he said.  I looked at him in surprise as he opened his wallet (since when did my brother even own a wallet?) and gave it to me.  There was more money in there.  A lot more.  How was Bart getting that money?  Mom would surely have noticed if that much was missing for her purse...if she even had that much in her purse, that is...and my aunts keep everything in the bank.
I wish Jenny could answer questions like this for me, but she can't.
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:57 am

August 1,

I got the box of new reeds at King toot's; I played for more hours than I could count. The smooth feeling of the mouthpeice against my tounge seemed like magic. Few problems can not be sovled, or at least given a quick fix, without this time of artistic freedom. After playing, my mind started to wander off into it's now-usual worry again. But I couldn't help but think, how did Bart get all that money? And why, did he give it to me, of all people? I stayed awake all night trying to figure this out. I went up to the treehouse to think; It's a very good place to do so. After an hour of coming up with nothing, I tripped over something, and fell down. Then I noticed IT. IT wasn't there anymore. and if that IT wasn't there, there could only be one explanation...
Find Me, A poem by Chris Dominowski.

If I am lost, and you do not care, will the search ever be fair?
Why am I here? What should I do?
The answer to this, I once knew.
Why should I be found if I always must hide?
I have tried so hard, my soul has died.
Over the years, In fear I have drowned. It is finally clear; I cannot be found.

Human, a poem by Chris dominowski

I wear sunglasses at night, but I carry a flashlight.
I turn from the flame, but stare at the ashes.
I walk into the woods, and never touch the trail.
I always look at my calander, but do not care what day it is.
I am the mixture of light and darkness; I am human.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:41 am

August 2, 2006

When we moved from the house to my aunts, Mom had filled the treehouse with household items that she didn't want to throw away yet...cough syrup, dish soap, scrubbing pads, air freshiners, bleach, and old curtain scraps.  But now some of it was missing.  The cough syrup and the bleach, specifically.
Bart was a troublemaker, granted, but he wasn't a bad person.  Could the missing cough syrup and bleach possibly mean that he was cooking crystal meth? 
I mean, we need money.  If we can't make the next mortgage payment on the house, we'll have to sell it.  None of us want to live with Patty and Selma forever - especially Bart.
But would he actually stoop to the world of drugs to accomplish this?
I can't even stand to play the saxophone anymore...a reed bought from drug money; it's tainted. 
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.