Simpsons to cease being released on DVD?

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Simpsons to cease being released on DVD?

Post by missy_misery » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:45 pm

At least according to Al Jean.

I have a feeling that this has more to do with the fact that the show's gotten less profitable as worse seasons get released. No one was going to pay full price for the middling seasons.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Simpsons to cease being released on DVD?

Post by Tony_Baritone » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Saw that too. Boo, even though I didn't really have plans to buy every season, there were probably a few more I was interested in, and there are a lot of completists out there. Streaming is where the profits are, but a lot of good that does for those with schisty computers. Or non-Americans in this case, as Simpsons World is only available here.

Keep circulating the tapes (and discs).
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Simpsons to cease being released on DVD?

Post by missy_misery » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:27 am

I'm dissapointed too - not only for the completionists but for those who liked the later seasons and will get shafted on this deal. I think if they got over the hump of the Scully years sales would've picked up.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"