FIC: Fathers And Daughters and Spellbooks

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

FIC: Fathers And Daughters and Spellbooks

Post by missy_misery » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:45 am

Part one of the fic exchange I did with Chris for her birthday/the holidays this year.

SUMMARY: Triana and her father have a complicated relationship with each other - and magic - throughout the years.
Attachments
TriOrpheus.rtf
(35.37 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: FIC: Fathers And Daughters and Spellbooks

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Grammar nitpicks: you have "knew" in the first sentence, but the rest of the story is in present tense.

Aside from that... well, I don't have much more to say. I really wanted a story about Triana and Dr. Orpheus, their relationship and her learning magic, and this story is everything I could have asked. I don't have anything to nitpick. Perhaps there's not much of a dramatic arc, but you don't really need one: it's a literal slice of life, and as such it works well.

Your writing is, of course, very good indeed. Triana and her father are very much in character (Dr. Orpheus' lines are perfect, I could hear him say them). You fill in a lot of bits of her life that were never shown in the series, but which feel completely believable. The bit about young Triana sticking her finger under the closet door stands out.

Thank you. This will be one I come back to.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: FIC: Fathers And Daughters and Spellbooks

Post by missy_misery » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:35 am

Aww, I'm glad you liked this one, Chris!

I think I need to ask Graham to unlock the Frama one I wrote for you as well..
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"