REVIEWS: Aubade (Futurama)

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

REVIEWS: Aubade (Futurama)

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 pm

A story written for Missy in the Christmas exchange. She asked me for a story about Amy, but this one ended up being more about hers and Kif's relationship than about Amy herself.

Set some time after the events of the movies. Amy wakes up before Kif and thinks about how he will have to return to the ship. As for the title, I'll refer to a definition from a book about poetry: "an aubade is a poem for the morning, the opposite of a serenade. Sometimes it takes the form of the poet thanking God for a new day, but most commonly he complains that a night of love is over."

Prose format; drama/romance.
Attachments
aubade.doc
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
aubade.odt
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: REVIEWS: Aubade (Futurama)

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Downloaded for review next week! Thank you so much again, Chris!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: REVIEWS: Aubade (Futurama)

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am

I'm back and oh, this is intimate and lovely; I love Amy's POV, and her vulnerability and brooding here; it's side of her the show so rarely gave us

Her musings about Zapp and his personality killed me in particular; she just wants her guy to be safe and happy. Kif's comforting nature is especially sweet as woven throughout the fic.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"