OPINIONS: Escape from Barbarella Hoth Coma Dream Purgatory (Venture Brothers)

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Christian Bale's final boss

OPINIONS: Escape from Barbarella Hoth Coma Dream Purgatory (Venture Brothers)

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37 pm

A short Venture Brothers fic, set during the Season 7 finale. AU, but... is there a term for when there is a canonical reason for a character to experience an alternate universe? Things turn out differently for Hank Venture and Sirena Ong. Drama.

Obviously spoiler-heavy. Kind of raw and melodramatic, but it felt appropriate.

Still on the editing stage, so constructive criticism is welcome.
Attachments
escape from barbarella hoth coma dream purgatory.doc
(47 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
escape from barbarella hoth coma dream purgatory.odt
(23.08 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
"It was originally going to be a low-key biopic about Wall Street stockbrokers, until a guy with a raincoat and an axe showed up on set." - Graham, explaining the genesis of American Psycho
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: OPINIONS: Escape from Barbarella Hoth Coma Dream Purgatory (Venture Brothers)

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:05 am

... I need to actually get caught up on VB, so I can read this...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett