This feels pretentious

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

This feels pretentious

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:27 pm

I said yesterday I had plans with this Round Robin. Well, I have been wondering about my next music album, and I wante to make it like a concept album about this story. Note, nothing is certain, and this is just an idea. But this truly interested me, and I wanted to talk about it here, because I'd like to make it like a collaboration with you instead of a solo work. Not only with the story line, but to share music ideas with you, if you're interested as well. I'm not sure if I want to make it with lyrics, but if I do, I'm a bad lyricist, so, help would also be appreciated.

Now, what you say?
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Marco

Re: This feels pretentious

Post by Marco » Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:44 pm

I don't think it's pretentious and i think this is a beautiful idea.
I don't have a clue on how i could help you since i don't know a word about composing, but i know that with your abilities you would be able to pull out surely a worthy work.
Last edited by Marco on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

BartRe: This feels pretentious

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:19 pm

Alright. It's kinda weird to an album like that, know which songs to do instead of just writing away and putting it together eventually. But this is more or less how I imagine the track listing so far:

1- The opener, symbolising the protest and Lisa's frustration, that leaves a segue into...
2- ... an overture of sorts, introducing the album's main themes like many other concept albums around, also representing Mr Burns going to visit Cletus.
3- The meeting between Cletus and Burns. I don't imagine how this should turn out. Some lyrics a la Genesis here would fit in well...
4- Lisa's bumpy ride on the trunk with fertilisers. One of the few big rockers, I fear this one can turn out like a bad King Crimson jam... :uhdrop:
5- A short intermezzo to work as a breather between the two odd tracks. Represents Lisa trying to get rid of the fertiliser.
6- The nightmare sequence. The same thing as #4. I can't imagine how this would sound like.
7- The day after, Lisa getting the itch on the back, the hospital and everything. Might end up like a multipart suite.
8- Lisa after the coma, and the wings.
9- Maybe after a short track about the burning of Cletus' farm, this would represent Lisa in her room and all.
10- Bart peeking at Lisa's room.
11- The doctors at OFF's house and the voting. The same as #3, with the Genesis lyrics and all...
12- The thing with Marge taking the mirror away and the photograph and all.
13- Another heavy piece, with Lisa's struggle for the door.

That's it so far. Of course it might change eventually, but this is the main idea for now.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: This feels pretentious

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:23 am

Oh my goodness... I haven't a clue how this will turn out, but it is a marvellous idea... and having listened to your music, Fernie, I am strongly inclined to think that you can make it.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.