The Ballad Of Lisa Simpson

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

The Ballad Of Lisa Simpson

Post by EvilCupcake » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Enjoy!
Attachments
The Ballad Of Lisa Simpson.txt
(958 Bytes) Downloaded 399 times
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Re: The Ballad Of Lisa Simpson

Post by D.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:30 pm

This is... interesting. If you don't mind me saying lizardqueen, it's a bit of a step up from your previous stuff. It sticks to the tried and tested angsty-things-happen-to-Lisa formula, there's one or two corny rhymes, and the first half seems a little disconnected from the second, but the ending grabbed me. The last verse in particular manages to paint a strong image in few words, whilst leaving enough unsaid to be pleasantly enigmatic. And thank god you were brave enough to concluded it within a succinct three lines of the most dramatic moment, instead of writing some maudlin mawkish moodkilling dirge of a final paragraph that spoonfeeds the required emotions to the reader, and in doing so kills them (a very common flaw in my experience of internet poetry - I blame Evanescence).

In summary, I don't know how many poems such as this I could read and maintain interest in (I find the idea of OFF poems slightly weird anyway), but as a one off I didn't mind this one.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: The Ballad Of Lisa Simpson

Post by zekeprower » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 am

though it may be an off poem. it shows where the writer's heart is at. it is in the darkness of life. it can be a good and bad thing. overall, a good peice of written art. pain and suffering show heart
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.