2006 art competition

Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Re: 2006 art competition

Post by Officer 1BDI » Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 am

I am intrigued.  :) Is there a specific deadline for the contest(s)?  Or have I misinterpreted the entire thread and the deadline's actually tomorrow?
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu May 11, 2006 4:55 am

The deadline's a couple of months away, July 10th.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Marco

Post by Marco » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Good Luck, Everyone!  :lisa:
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: We need help!

Post by zekeprower » Mon May 15, 2006 5:39 pm

O. Perez wrote: In order for the competition to be fair we need at least three Judges.   I will have some gift for the Judges too.  I'm offering a commision work, 'cause I'm not rich. :-)  :-P
who cares if your not rich. i think your gift is the best i could ask for. maybe i could finally see my character instead of just seeing him in my mind (as scary a place as it is  :)).
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 15, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Donations have been cancelled!  According to mails I have received they're holding people back from posting, so you dont need to send anything to anyone anymore.

Just post anything you want for the competition, and good luck.

The gift from me still standing.  Good luck everyone 
Never judge a book by its cover.....
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:52 pm

Well, I'd still be happy to chip in, as soon as I figure out what to draw!  I'm planning on posting something but I'm not sure what at the moment...
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:38 am

I'm still ready to donate.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:53 pm

That's great Chris and fellranger. If you still want to donate something, be my guest.  The main problem here is how to send the money to Graham, which sometimes ends up being more expensive than the donation itself if is not through paypal or any other internet transfer.  A lot of countries don't even have the chance to transfer funds from their credit cards to paypal.

So, if you're still willing to pitch something in, you know the way, and in your case Chris.  Its just a couple of steps away.  ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binky

Post by Binky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:57 pm

O. Perez wrote: A lot of countries don't even have the chance to transfer funds from their credit cards to paypal.
Hmm, are you sure about that? I thought all credit cards worked internationally.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:29 pm

Binky wrote:
O. Perez wrote: A lot of countries don't even have the chance to transfer funds from their credit cards to paypal.
Hmm, are you sure about that? I thought all credit cards worked internationally.
Is not about internationality or not, is more of a paypal rule or something. Imagine that!  ::)  Paypal will only accept funds from American credit cards and nothing else.  I tried it myself and couldn't do anything.

The only reason that I have funds in my paypal acount, is because, thats where I get paid for comissions I do to people in the U.S..
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:43 pm

Dark Mage wrote: The deadline's a couple of months away, July 10th.
Cool! The deadline's my birthday! [My real birthday.]
Find Me, A poem by Chris Dominowski.

If I am lost, and you do not care, will the search ever be fair?
Why am I here? What should I do?
The answer to this, I once knew.
Why should I be found if I always must hide?
I have tried so hard, my soul has died.
Over the years, In fear I have drowned. It is finally clear; I cannot be found.

Human, a poem by Chris dominowski

I wear sunglasses at night, but I carry a flashlight.
I turn from the flame, but stare at the ashes.
I walk into the woods, and never touch the trail.
I always look at my calander, but do not care what day it is.
I am the mixture of light and darkness; I am human.

Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:02 pm

little more than one week left... :P
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:00 pm

Well, I've done my part.  :)

Tension is mounting.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:37 pm

Actually, there's TEN days left, but I'm extending the deadline a little bit more due to the circumstances.  The deadline now is July 20th.   I only hope we'll get more entries by that time.   

I know the writing new will get more entries, but people, how about the artistic ones?  We are not going to let them beat us, aren't we?  ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Orphane
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Chinese Orphane » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:16 pm

LagunaP wrote: just a question. for those who are judging, is there going to be a separate section set aside for the stories? and what other rules are there for the judging. feel free to E-mail me with the list. zekeprower@yahoo.com
wow thats a pretty good poem i write poems or jusr words that ryhm but yurs are vary good..

Why Is Life Like This
      By Olivia

I sit alone watch the stars wondering exactly were to start,
I look above and wonder why life and problems are such a crime ive already been depressed ive learn to be happy and im at my best i wish i could've do more before this time so i could watch some progress go by... last year my grades were very good everything in school planned as it should the only sad thing i i cant let go is how mean ppl were to me as ive been told now this year im better with them but my grades are down I turned around to the life b4 learning yur educations alittle bit more but thats how life gets u by maybe sumday ill ask more on my time i want to accomplish like everyone else i want to do this all by myself......and in this time present write now i like this guy but that wouldnt help spending my time liking him instead forgeting my work cant get into bed.. so i ask myself why does life work like this way why do i wonder this everyday i write to long i should stop but im only asking why cant it stop...

thats just been wroten by me

yur great poem artist
HIGH SCHOOL PRESSURE
BY OLIVIA

i heard that popularity aint all what its cracked up to be why am i so stressed i should study on grades and do my best im upset anious freaked out impateint this is the second rought draft of my poem the other replaced it i had to start all over again makes it hard to take this to the end so i shall say in every way i hope my names rembered for high school in a good way this is a discarce how can i face starting a new popular life hopefully ppl there can respect me stress shouldnt have to be everything begging pleading let me do well all this compotion i feel im in HE** but i shall go this may drop out hope that school ill have no doubts...

for now im stressed but again im fine im ending this now i dont have time