VB Episode Guide @ Wizardworld.com

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

VB Episode Guide @ Wizardworld.com

Post by missy_misery » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:45 am

There's a pretty darn good VB guide over @ Mantis-Eye, but Wizardworld.com's got some exclusive commentary from Doc, Jackson and the crew - they shoot down the idea of Doc V and Doctor GF having done anything in MLC, for one.  Plus some insights into VB!Jonny Quest, the origins of Doctor O and the Monarch, and more!

/stops shilling for Wizardworld.com

In the article this is extracted from (the December issue of Toyfare Magazine), BTW, Jackson talks about a Live-Action VB movie, which would feature minor characters, since they're "less set" in the minds of VB fans.
Last edited by missy_misery on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: VB Episode Guide @ Wizardworld.com

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:22 pm

EPISODE 17: Escape to the House of Mummies Part II
Summary: While Brock, Hank and Dean are left with Edgar Allan Poe, Caligula and Sigmund Freud to fend off the murderous Osiris Cult across time, Dr. Venture gets caught up in a shrinking contest with Dr. Orpheus.

Doc Hammer: “I love that episode, but it’s not well-liked on the Internet. I think that there are people who watch TV and don’t feel the urge to insult it or say how they could have done it better. Therefore, it is my theory that the episode appeals to the people that don’t talk about it on the Internet. “
I've said it before and I'll say it again, INTERNET PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

This episode is an ingenious all-time classic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Hear hear, I agree.  That episode is hilarious.

Very interesting commentary on the eps!  I like the fact that the Monarch was supposed to be a random one-off character left over from the days of The Tick.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Cool find, Missy!  You always bring us the VB goods.
I love how Jackson and Doc are really nice about telling fans things we want to know, plus more.  They are really cool guys.

Yeah, and another vote for that episode being hilarious.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:22 am

*bows* it helps that I'm a ToyFare Magazine nut, and they apparently really appreciate VB as a whole.

I feel for Jackson at this point.  People keep begging him for teeshirts and posters, and Turner's sitting on their hands doing nothing at the moment, apparently.

EFTHOM isn't the worst episode by far - makes me wonder what the most popular episode IS, according to Teh_Intranetz.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Who cares? The internet is a silly place.

I realise the irony of using the internet to say this.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Mostly for curiosity's sake, actually.  *contemplates making a "favorite episode thread"*