Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

VB NYCC Panel Report

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 pm

I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: VB NYCC Panel Report

Post by aoifestorm » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:38 pm

HAhahaha, nice.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:09 pm

I don't care about anything except whether or not the Bowie thing is true, and how true.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:07 pm

I suspect it's completely made up. Though, having said that, the thought of Bowie being tricked like that fills me with a strange sense of ironic glee...

Not because I don't like the man, you understand. It's merely because it's so in keeping with the brains behind this whole thing.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 am

I like to think Bowie was really there and was just playing along with the joke.  Haha, that article is hilarious.

But maaaan.  Spring 2008 for Season 3?  I hate these long waits, why the hell does it take so much longer with them than with other shows?

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:26 am

Possibly because they're animating it with their feet. Or, alternatively, I like to think that they spend most of the time inventing new machines that will be able to do the animation work of two men, whilst only needing three men to control them.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:49 pm

SCUBA!!

Actually, I'd like to think the long wait between seasons results in the show having such a high-quality output.  Doc and Jackson basically write the whole show alone by choice (Ben Edlund's gig was the first time an outside writer was brought in), so it's not like other animated shows with huge writing staffs and an agented slush pile besides that (Jackson's said already that they don't take submissions outside of their circle). 

At lest we're getting Season 2 DVDs in a few months, and the new material on those should the fandom intrigued for awhile.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:15 pm

Yes, and it'll supply me with much needed material for the site I eventually plan on building. I don't care if I have to order it from timbuktu, I will have that DVD set...
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Fionn
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Fionn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:04 am

Glances at the gun you're holding*

Take mine! Just don't hurt me! *preordered on Amazon.com*
Hey you, out there in the cold,
Getting lonely, getting old,
Can you hear me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles,
With itching feet and fading smiles,
Can you feel me?
Hey You! Don\'t help them to bury the light.
Don\'t give in without a fight.

-\"Hey You\", by Pink Floyd