Lump

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn

Re: Lump

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:34 pm

First of all, thank you so much for drawing this, and going to the trouble of posting your art process as well. I really am a noob at art, and I didn't do myself any favours by picking such a difficult pose, though I'm still happy I did it.

Tilting her body does indeed make the picture more dynamic, and the fire is a huge improvement. Great hands as well (in my drawing, I figured her guns would obscure her hands due to the strong foreshortening, but I was probably wrong). In fact, everything looks great. One nitpick (not an artistic one, and I'm not blaming you for not knowing it) is that she should be wearing very bulky, heavy armour, like this guy, and in general be *very* heavily built, even more than any human body-builder in the present day. On the upside, you got her face and hair just about exactly right.

Thank you again. I'll try to use your sketching method to get better at art.

(I'll be back to review your other art as well, but this was worth breaking sequence over.)
Hey, this isn't a Muse at all, it's just my id in a Greek dress and a laurel crown!
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by kaspired » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:51 am

Cool! Glad you got something out of this set. The pose is kinda tweaky, using the side view and projecting it forward helps quite a lot.
I stayed away from any super details, those can still be added. Also I didn't do any real shading, but the drawing is on the verge of a serious shading fest.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 am

I have another favorite show now. (Thanks, Netflix)

"Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts" is great. I won't go into any real detail now, I don't want to ruin the surprises. But a couple of clues, one of her main opponents is a six foot tall frog wearing a black suit and tie. She meets a pair of guitar playing snakes. Oh, and the dogs are fifty feet tall and have eight legs. Really!

Burrow Girl 1
Burrow Girl 1
The main cast of characters (cruddy sketch, sorry) Left to right: Mondu (mutated pig), Dave (mutated insect), Kipo (human, and the main character), Benson (human and survivor on the surface world), finally "Wolf" (not her real name, also a survivor on the surface world).

Burrow Girl 2
Burrow Girl 2
Meet Kipo. She's just captured a giant two headed pink flamingo.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:00 am

S'more Kipo:
Burrow Girl 3
Burrow Girl 3
Wolf, on an old BMX bike with Kipo, and Mondu on the back being chased by Jamack, the frog in a black suit. Jamack, and an accomplice, are on a car being pulled by a giant dragonfly.

Really!
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:00 am

Wolf, Kipo, and Mondu have escaped from the Frogs and are sitting on a branch hanging off a hill.

Burrow Girl
Burrow Girl
Only it's not a hill. They're on the shell of a giant turtle, which is lumbering away.
Last edited by kaspired on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Been a while since I checked in here. Lots of good stuff!
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:52 pm

I just never know what to say whenever I see your pictures. They're just so high quality and beautiful. Suffice to say, I've been enjoying them quite a lot, even not knowing the source material.
"And I love you so much, I can't wake up without loving."
-- Pescado Rabioso, "Cantata de Puentes Amarillos"
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:53 am

Archonix wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:41 pm
Been a while since I checked in here. Lots of good stuff!
Nice to hear from you again. It's been like for-ever.
SirMustapha wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:52 pm
I just never know what to say whenever I see your pictures. They're just so high quality and beautiful. Suffice to say, I've been enjoying them quite a lot, even not knowing the source material.
Cool! That makes my whole week. Usually I try to do something different in each drawing, and all those little tricks add up. This time I was concentrating on the background. I wanted a fuzzy out of focus look.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:50 am

This goes into the category "And now for something completely different."

Have I ever told you that I'm really awful at inking? I'm sure I have, yes, yes, quite sure. Actually "sucks" is a better description.

I picked up a book about inking for comic books. Want to see my second attempt? (My first is pretty poor, I'll spare you.)

Ghost Inks
Ghost Inks
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Look what I found!

Funko Bean
Funko Bean