The Farewellest of them all

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Morpheus306
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

The Farewellest of them all

Post by Morpheus306 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah I know excuse the title. Anyway many of you here know me as "that guy that works on the Simpsons," well now you're going to have to refer to me as "the who USED to work on the Simpsons." Yes that's right kats and kittens I have left the show. I left on my own accord to move from Los Angeles to the Philippines to be with my fiance', but also to pursue my own artwork. Working on the same show for 5 years in a row has taken it's toll on me, but I don't mean in a bad way. Sure there were times when it was frustrating but on the whole I'm thankfull I was given the opportunity to work there. The other artists are fantastic and I learned so much from them. My skills as an artist and animator greatly shot through the roof due to my time on the show; I owe it a lot. It's also the reason why my fiance and I met, so without the Simpsons we wouldn't have met(Long story short she's a huge Simpsons fan and happened to come across my devart page about 4 and half years ago. She messaged me and the rest is history). The last few projects I worked on include menu's for the season 13 dvd's, this cancer PSA that I did all on my own http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQawLIjlymw and a couch gag with the family getting shrunk by Frink. I'll still be around here to check your guys' art and I'm more than happy to look at requests. Please feel free to ask me anything about show(i'll do my best to answer them without getting in trouble). Thanks for all the support for you guys too of course! and remember, keep watching the skiies!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: The Farewellest of them all

Post by archonix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I wondered what you meant by "last project" in that other thread. Ah well, good luck with your future endeavours! :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Yes, good luck with your art and all other endeavours, Morpheus! We know how skilled you are.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Indeed, good luck to you!

(You did the shrinking gag? Well done, sir.)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Congratulations on everything in your life, especially the outstanding contributions to my favorite program of all time, and your impending marriage. :)
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Marriage and moving? Very ambitious. Best wishes to you in your new life. I've always enjoyed your postings here, and the public service announcement was great.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
sabrina_diamond
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Custom Title: Hippie

Post by sabrina_diamond » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:35 am

You worked on the Simpsons couch gag, Morpheous? ??? Wow, that, sir, is an accomplishment which rivals no other. I hope your new job/hobby is just as much fun ;D