Artings

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Artings

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Pretty brainless one. Janey with a more "Pinkie Pie" hairstyle. The Flanders book did imply she's a silly girl so...
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Thegalen
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Thegalen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Nidotamer wrote:Eh, this is kind of a scrap. Not so keen on execution but I liked the idea behind it. I really wish I had a better sense of narrative or how to string a story together since I really do get some decent ideas but no means to express them.
Basically in this case it's Lisa and Sherri living together. Room-mates? Odd couple? Who knows? It would be a fun situation though.

maybe a short comic could show the story?
but then again comics are a lot of work
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, not sure I'd be able to pull one off well. :<

Image done as a warm-up. :3
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Getting a little lonely here...

I think after seeing Lisa get a stalker or two, Sherri'd know better than to be gentle. Also my thoughts on anything relating to twins and Nelson as a couple. :V Doesn't help that the main basis for this pairing is from an extremely crappy episode where it was played for a predictable and not even slightly well written joke.
Attachments
valentinesday.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Having recently encountered the king of modesty and polite manners elsewhere, I felt it appropriate to whip this up.

After all, when you assert your opinions as truth and decide that whoever doesn't agree with you is mentally inferior I dare say it's fair to critique rather harshly. Namely the way Sherri & Terri act in their little part of Simpsons Generations and his character's overall status as a ladies man. Both are highly suspect.
Attachments
characterisation.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 pm

And now for something that's ... oh wait this still isn't good.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57097555/terri.png (kinda nude-ish)

Feel free to tear in or whatever. Probably the only way I'll get any less awful.:P Currently I'm already aware of the short legs... I kinda wanted to go for that since the twins do seem to have short legs but I overdid it. :P
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Tried to do a decent character model... would have been good if I didn't get the bow wrong like a stupidhead. :T
Attachments
sherriorterri.png
------
Thegalen
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Thegalen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Nidotamer wrote:Tried to do a decent character model... would have been good if I didn't get the bow wrong like a stupidhead. :T
it l00ks great !
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm

And now for a different character altogether!
Attachments
sideshowassassin.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Belated review of your more recent pictures:

Super Castillo Sisters: oh, I love this! Simple, but nice poses and nice colouring, and a good contrast between Mario's confidence and Luigi's insecurity. Terri looks a bit pudgier than on the show, but that could be a style thing.

Lisa and Sherri, roommates: well drawn with great poses, and the dialogue made me laugh. The only problem I see is that Lisa's overbite is very extreme. It could probably be scaled back a bit. Sherri looks pretty excellent. I love her pose and expression.

Janey Pie: Very simple, but no problems that I see. The very thick lines are an interesting feature.

Paper Sherri: I never played "Paper Mario". Cute and crisp-looking picture.

Valentine's Card: oh, this one made me laugh out loud. I couldn't really tell it was Sherri, though she looks pretty nice (I had no problems recognising Nelson, though). Hilarious idea.

Sherri, Terri and Eric: this one is very on-model. Priceless expressions.

Sherri: the only problem I can find with this is that on the show, her overbite is usually a bit more square, not as round as in your drawing. Other than that, looks pretty much perfect.

Sideshow Assassin: wow, Sideshow Bob looks badass in this. Very nice picture, and great job on his eyes. Would make a nice desktop.

All in all, you certainly have a lot of nice art. Now, on to your other art thread. (Whenever I have the time.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.