Day 2 Theme-a-day competition winner

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Day 2 Theme-a-day competition winner

Post by archonix » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 am

It took me a second to guess the character in this one but the little details and the image of the "Texan", or whatever the show calls him these days, as a complete opposite of his portrayed self tickled me enough to declare Fellranger the winner with his humorous tale "No Shame".

Everyone was equally creative with this one. Keep it up! More!
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Day 2 Theme-a-day competition winner

Post by kaspired » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 am

Fellranger deserved this. That was a funny ending. Congratulations.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:13 am

I can only imagine Tex singing "Smile Smile Smile" to himself. ;D

But great entries all around! I hope to participate myself, once I actually find time when I'm not cooking or behind a camera (hint: it won't be anytime soon...).
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 am

Alex, you deserved to win. I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but your story actually made me like the Rich Texan.

I like Kaspired's contribution a lot, too, especially the amount of detail put into it given the short deadline.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, there seems to be some debate over what he's actually called...I picked a source and stuck with it... :)
I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but your story actually made me like the Rich Texan.
Well, I kind of used it as an exercise to see if I could find a remotely sympathetic angle to a character that I find obnoxious. About the best I could do was for him to be screwing himself up as much as he wrecks every episode he appears in...
Personally I think yours was the better story Chris, but I'll happily take the glory! ;D I too was impressed by the detail in Kaspired's pic. I wish I could turn out drawings of that quality at such short notice!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas